Karmayogi.net Forums  

Go Back   Karmayogi.net Forums > General > Forum Information
Invite Your Friends FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Registered Member
Unsubscribe From S.Jayalakshmi's Posts

Threads: 1
Replies: 5
  Subscribers: 0 user
  Subscribed To: 0 user
Read: 94
Read 50 Times in 6 Posts
Default Silent will

My sincerest Pranams to The Mother, Bhagavan and Shri Appa.
I had taken up Book Service on 29th October 2011. I approached one of the Mother devotee and told that I had taken up Book Service and asked whether he is interested to buy the books, he immediately said he did not have the habit of reading books. Few of my friends whom I checked with said they already had the book or wanted some other book. I could not sell even one book. I also remembered reading about the Book Service that devotees should buy book on their own and one should not tell about the same. Then I stopped telling anyone about the books. Two days before When I was praying to The Mother, it suddenly occurred to me that at least I should keep the Books in my office. Today one of my clients came to my office for consulting me on his issues, after taking the seat, he asked about my association with The Mother and Sri Aurobindo to which I narrated about The MSS and said how The Society contributes upliftment of mankind through spiritual means then showed the books (Mental peace for the Industrialists, Luck and Thozhilil Jeevan) then proceeded to advise on his business issues. When he was about to leave he told he wanted to take the books to which I said it was for sale for which he duly paid the costs.
Today afternoon, when I read one of the posts about Silent will enabled updating accounts of the Society I thought that am not capable of exercising such kind of silent will and also when I wanted to complaint about certain things I restrained myself from complaining thinking about the Silent will but in the evening the above incident occurred which left many questions on my mind?
1. Is the Book sales is an effect of Silent will?
2. Is it not my lesser interest towards the Book sales that made me keep quiet?
3. If it is an act of Silent Will Can I sell 1000 books purely by exercising silent will in the shortest period of time.
4. Is not necessary we do all things that are necessary to achieve the goals we set ourselves Does not practicing silent will instead of taking efforts shows our inertia.
The following 4 users say they have read this useful post by S.Jayalakshmi:
Padmalatha (21-07-2018), R.Sharmila (15-12-2020), vidya_muthulakshmi (10-05-2012)
Old 05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Unsubscribe From N.Asokan's Posts

Threads: 1517
Replies: 630
  Subscribers: 91 users
  Subscribed To: 11 users
Read: 1,084
Read 43,710 Times in 1,870 Posts
Default reply to Jayalakshmi

You don't have to keep totally Silent with respect to selling MSS books. All that I told you is to have some discrimination and talk about the books to only those whom you think are fit to hear these things rather than try to talk to everybody who walks into yr office.

Certainly any work requires that we do what is necessary on our part and then expect Mother to take over. You can prepare a glass display showcasing some 12 or 15 of Appa's and MSS main books that you think will be useful to the type of people who come to yr office such as Adrishtam, its English version Luck, Mental peace of the Industrialist, Honey Let us make money, Annai Darisanam, my book Inbajyothi ( Dindukkal center release), 50 lakhs and its English version 100000 dollars and some latest releases such as Engal kudumbam, and Spirituality and Prosperity etc. You can simply scan the front covers and put them in a glass display. Ambattur Center Balu can help you get such a display done for you for a charge.

If you are shy about talking about books to clients, a visible display in yr Office will tempt receptive people to ask what these books are and you can take a clue and start speaking about them. If you are intersted in such a display case, then pl talk to Ambattur Balu and get one ready to be installed in yr Office.

Last edited by N.Asokan; 05-12-2011 at 02:01 PM.
The following 2 users say they have read this useful post by N.Asokan:
R.Sharmila (15-12-2020)