1) To know what you are thirsting for is self-awareness.
That alone is the Reality for you.
The surface occupies itself in non-activities when the depth is unable to express its thirst.
All surface activities, however they are seemingly directed, are really directed only to realise the self-awareness of the depths.
Man's value lies in or is indicated by the distance between surface and depth.
2) Let us know where our thirst is consciously centered. That is another measure of our value.
3) The pattern of transition from surface to the depth is the description of one's character.
4) We are what we thirst for.
5) Mother's cells thirst for Truth. What do we thirst for? At what centre?
6) The Vedic Rishis accomplished in the physical true integrality of spirit.
7) Sri Aurobindo realised the Absolute in the physical.
8) The true physical is different from the subtle physical.
9) Mother sees clearly with closed eyes.
10) Truth becomes falsehood when the Force puts pressure on consciousness to understand.
11) Material suffering is illusory.
12) As a child's wailing over a broken toy is only a child's suffering and cannot affect an adult, the body's suffering cannot affect an evolutionary adult.
13) Human nature is crooked like a dog's tail. It is easier to straighten it than to change the body consciousness.
14) Wider ideas change the perspective. Stronger emotions change the consciousness. Calmer sensations change the substance. The more one is willing to change, the greater will be the change he can effect on others.
15) Knowing the process of Truth becoming Falsehood helps change Falsehood into Truth.
16) Mother created Auroville to prevent wars. We can similarly discover a token to prevent every mishap and avail of every opportunity.
17) The finest expression on the face comes when the soul is activated. It can either be adoration or anger. As long as it is the soul that expresses on the face, it matters little whether it is positive or negative.
18) Great changes in facial expression come in a moment.
19) "Sri Aurobindo could not do it. How are you going to do this?"
'How is SHE going to do this?'
During December 5-9 every year Mother hears so.
The very last effort of the hostile forces is to create doubt in another. Further, they raise the disbelief in oneself.
20) A gift is a material present.
Emotion that goes into it enriches it.
Thought behind it ennobles it.
The spirit underlying sanctions it at the beginning and sanctifies it finally.
21) When the Supramental light touches the physical, it turns into golden light.
22) Any hostile force disappears when Mother is called. There is a titan who does not budge. He too runs away when HE is called.
23) When strong personal emotions are moved, they will release forces to stir up national events.
24) As the Grace increases, the tendency to increase stupidity also is great, perhaps because stupidity and grace are at some level one.
25) It takes a long time to know where one has to change. Changing itself is not that difficult.
26) Tragedy or comedy, personal or national, man, outside the essential response to the event, is in the tight grip of the evolutionary urges inside, viz. the prakriti that thinks in the mind and feels in the nerves.
That remains the only inner reality which constitutes his surface being. Only when he crosses that into his depths, does he become free.
27) Tragedies in the environment that do not affect you are occasions for nature to give you soul opportunities that you constantly run away from. Personal tragedies rip open the physical consciousness to compel it to see the grace around.
28) He who sees the grace around constantly meets with no tragedy.
He who has faith in the grace brings in an atmosphere where no tragedy can enter.
29) That which is loyal in us is the Divine inside. The human is not capable of loyalty.
30) Acts are all-pervasive and superior to our preferences. Even in ordinary life one can see what a father wants to do to his pet child gets fulfilled in the life of the neglected child and vice-versa.
Congress won freedom for the country. Those who opposed freedom rule this state.
Capacity to discern this aspect is Jnanam.
31) Whatever life has denied you, Mother's Life gives you at a higher level.
Long for affection, get devotion.
Hide VIP's from yourself, PM comes to you.
Shut yourself away from samadhi. She comes.
32) Financial power is a necessary medium between the physical and the Supramental. (DCM job makes possible political power coming here).
33) One sacrifice is most powerful, the sacrifice of taking any initiative. (Sarvarambaparithyagi = one who gives up all initiatives.)
34) We desire what is not due to us.
When you give others what is not due to them, it becomes Love.
35) Unless you begin at the point where you are NOW, no real beginning is ever made.
36) Where we are is indicated by what we cannot give up, e.g. human attachment, self-importance, character values.
37) Mother never punishes, never. Still Her devotees meet with troubles. Such troubles are of the following description:
--Stubborn insistence on a foolish course;
--Going out of Mother's Protection consciously or unconsciously.
--Doing anything we know Mother dislikes.
38) Mother's Protection follows even in these cases to a great extent. Only when the personal insistence overtakes the benevolent protection trouble arises.
39) Man has the capacity not to see what is before him. He can ask you as if a fresh question the thing you have repeated 100 times. It is known as unconsciousness.
40) We see people of low type acting without sensation. Sensational people act without thought like rushing to the door on hearing drum beating. People who think act only as their thought moves, not sensations. As thought overcomes sensation, Mother says consciousness overcomes thought. SHE acts only like that. When we do not think, we find a great idea entering us from consciousness. It is possible for us to let our selves move only by consciousness, suspending thought. To do that we must give up thinking.
41) Consecration of thought opens up movement of consciousness, i.e. mental consciousness.
42) Consecration of feelings opens up movement of vital consciousness and consecration of sensation opens up movements of physical consciousness.
43) Consecration of thought, feelings and sensations leads to movement of Consciousness of the Being.
44) If man does not initiate and becomes I¿b EjÉh hÿ»ÓäeÂ one who gives up all initiatives, movements of consciousness set in.
45) Man looks at the noblest event from below. God looks at the meanest act from above. To man it looks low. To God it is noble. He who learns to look at things from above moves towards being God.
46) Resistance replaced by aspiration makes for transformation.
47) Sri Aurobindo rarely used the word, 'I'. Later he often referred to Himself as Sri Aurobindo.
48) Golden colour in the vision shows the Supramental in the physical.
49) Suffering is the means used by the Inconscience to move towards the Divine Consciousness.
50) When the Presence is constant one even forgets to call.